What is ‘Her Ffilm Fer?’
This is the second challenge from Hansh/S4C - something exciting to do while we're in lockdown and under the constraints of COVID 19.
You have 48 hours to create an original short film, within a specific genre that will be revealed at the beginning of the challenge.
Some of Wales' leading experts are judging and the films will also be shown on Hansh's Youtube platform following the competition as well as a special programme broadcast on S4C at the end of the month.
As you wait for the big weekend there will be masterclass sessions run by several well-known names in the field offering valuable advice and handy tips on competing!
The 48-hour challenge will start at 19:00 on Friday, 12th of February.
You must be registered to take part before the competition starts.
There will be live sessions at 10:30 on Saturday, 13/02/21
and at 10:30 on Sunday 14/02/21.
The competition will finish at 19:00 on Sunday, 14th of February.
Join us 48 hours later for the results - 19:00 Tuesday, 16th of February.
The best film will receive a cash prize of £ 1,000 as well as VIP tickets to attend the Iris Film Festival in Cardiff in October 2021.
S4C and the Iris Festival will also work with the makers to further develop the idea through the Iris Film Academy, Iris's training scheme in collaboration with the University of South Wales.
• You must be 18 or over to enter
• Registration is required before 19:00 on Friday 12/02/21
• If you want to use language within your film, it needs to be mainly in Welsh
• The video can be no longer than 5'00"
• You need to keep to the constraints of the Welsh Government's Covid-19 guidelines when filming
• You are welcome to compete as an individual or as a group
Full competition terms can be found here.
PRESENTING THE CHALLENGE
Steffan Alun will be leading us as we prepare for the Short Film Challenge and during the big weekend itself.
Steffan is a fantastic Welsh comedian, has appeared on S4C shows such as “Gwerthu Allan” and “O’r Diwedd”. He’s a familiar face on the BBC’s hit Sesh digital videos and will undoubtably add a bit of humour to this year’s challenge.
MEET THE JUDGES
With the task of selecting the best short film and providing invaluable advice to all competitors our judging panel:
• Lee Haven Jones – Talented Actor and Director, known for Doctor Who, The Feast and The Bay.
• Amy Daniel – Award-winning writer and self-shooting producer-director as well as a lecturer at Aberystwyth University.
• Gwenllian Gravelle – S4C Drama Commissioner and Producer on Keeping Faith.
• Berwyn Rowlands – Founder of The Iris prize with30 years' experience in the film and event industry.
This is an S4C Hansh production for S4C, produced by Tinint, part of the Tinopolis group.